CHOOSE THIS OPTION IF
Jazz isn't your only interest | You want to develop your own material | You are self-taught and wish to fill gaps in your knowledge | You wish to work alongside a smaller group of instrumentalists | You want a shorter and less expensive course
*NEW* for 2017
combining the best of our successful "Vocal Jazz" programme with an emphasis on a wider skill set and repertoire. The aim of this course is to allow participants to develop their technique, performance and general approach to singing as an instrument and a performing art form.
Each student will work in groups looking at technique (breath support etc) style, harmony, rhythm, song structure. Each student will work on their approved song choices with the tutor backing band. It is hoped that at least one composition from each student will be an original (optional). Work from each day will make up a part of the evening performances. Over the course of the week students will choose their strongest song choice to perform in the last night concert.
include jazz standards, but also more contemporary popular music covers, soul, choral and pop.
Lessons will include
- Practical music theory for singers; What it is and why it matters
- Song structure and an introduction to songwriting
- Introduction to sheet music & chord charts with a view to developing your own repertoire of covers and your own material
- Piano skills taught to your level even if you are a total beginner
- Self-accompaniment for
- Performance skills; make sure you can hear and be heard
- Mic technique for live and studio environments
Paola Vera and Scott Vicari
English (primary) French, Spanish
- professional bass player, drummer and sound engineer
- Fully Equipped Recording Studio,
available for hire out of teaching hours | performance stage with PA, Lighting etc.